PositivitiES: Applied Positive Psychology for European Schools
PositivitiES is based in three main pillars:
· First, learning is more effective if it is designed to use the student’s intellectual strengths and character strengths, when there is intrinsic motivation and enjoyment, and when there is full attention. Positive psychology methods can directly influence the outcomes through the development of positive intrapersonal and interpersonal strengths, promoting optimal experiences that increase intrinsic motivation and positive emotions, and by working in the attentional skills.
· Second, helping the teachers to integrate the positive psychology methods in the classroom is more effective if they experiment themselves in their personal and professional lives the healthy habits, methods and interventions of positive psychology
· Third, offering the teachers a number of pedagogical and didactical resources to be integrated in the classroom or in tutoring classes will be of great help to start in the day-by-day practice.
Having this three pillars in mind, the PositivitiES project proposes the development of three main products:
- a European training course of applied positive psychology in education;
- a coaching oriented practical training for teachers to experiment themselves the methods of positive psychology and integrate healthy skills;
- a resource database of interventions, training material, and evaluation tools, to help the teacher to integrate positive psychology methods in the classroom.
All three products will have an on-line implementation, to facilitate accessibility at European level.